NorStore and the Norwegian Bioinformatics platform have started collaborating to provide sustainable storage to the Norwegian life sciences community.
Storage services are intended for scientific research projects with relatively large sets of data (minimum 1TB) that need long term storage. For administration of long term storage in a national resource, a certain level of detail is needed with respect to documentation of each dataset. In particular with respect to life-span and relevance for scientific results, be it in ongoing exploration or in published work.
Please send an inquiry to email@example.com if you would like to request for storage of your scientific project.
Please include the following information in your request:
- Title of your scientific project
- Scientific aim and summary description
- Name and contact info on Principal Investigator (PI responsible for funding and ownership of data)
- Reference to NFR application, REK application, other funding application if applicable
- How much data you have generated already in the project
- How much data you estimate to generate within the next 12 months
- For the totals on data above, please include:
- an estimate over different types of data (NGS sequencing data, microarray data, proteomics data etc),
- within each data type, how much raw data vs processed data there are/likely will be